I have a neighbor who has about four skid steers and three attachments for these skid steers. Each is rusted and has been sitting in the yard for about ten years. His step father has a concrete company and these were used then abandoned. The attachments look salvageable. The rest I dont know about. One was a toyota and the rest were cases. He asked me about scrapping them. I hate to get involved with the guy. He will expect me to do all the work then give me a couple hundred for my people skills and the real work (finding where to sell them and so on). If I decide to get involved with this, any suggestions for the best place to get rid of these. I am boycotting fleabay at the moment, so they are out of the question. Thanks for any guidance.
You should have no problem selling them on Craigslist, provided your price is realistic. I've sold many a machine that way. I agree with you about ebay - most buyers would either expect you to coordinate freight, or else the worry of handling the shipping themselves scares them off.
I am boycotting ebay because of political reasons. They have stooped to freezing peoples accounts for breaking US law when the people have never been here or never will come here. I guess getting a realistic value will be tough. I will figure out scrap weight then work from there. I hate to see parts get tossed when someone may need them later. With the price of new machines, helping people out is more important than a quick buck.
Where in PA? Im always looking for a project or 4
what model are the case machines, i might be interested in them...
Here is what I would do...If there is a chance of them running & working buy them for scrap value. Then get them tuned up. Call your local auctioneer who knows what there are dealing with & consign them to be sold. You may be surprised @ what they bring. I have sold nearly worn out yet working machines for $2-$5000. If they are past the point of no return just sell them for salvage & be done with it.
I would look them over good, make sure engines turn over etc, estimate what everything weighs, get quote from local scrap yard, and give him scrap value. Then they become yours. Google "toyota skidsteer" From what Ive read they are bulletproof, case machines are good too. I would guess you can make a killing if you got everything up and running.