Hello, I own a 1987 Kenworth t800. I recently purchased a used dump box I plan to install, the previous owner did not provide a hinge insert that bolts to the rear of the truck providing a place for the box to mount and hinge. He did say you can buy one per application, needless to say I have searched and search the Internet not finding anyone that sells one. Does this exist or is this a fabricated only part? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance
It would be easyer to have one made and if your bed still has the other part on it it would be hard to find one that would work with it unless you know the manufacsher. I think most are welded to the frame. Find a shop close by that does this kind of work and make friends with them because you will need them alot if you use it much.
Who made the box? Just about any box builder I know has the parts you are looking for to match your truck and box.
It's a pretty common piece. Any truck upfitter likley has them in stock. Not expensive either for what it is. We usually notch the framerails and weld them on.