Hey y'all! Just signed up and can't wait to explore the site. So I'm a (company) tri axle dump truck driver, with experience hauling it all. Millings, to Mulch. I am going Solo next spring, and have been putting a price list together mainly for mulch deliveries. I am up in CT & MA and the best way I found pricing is by driving into all the local "retail" garden centers that sell the products I currently deliver to. I get to see wholesale invoice and retail per yard prices. I currently deliver mulches around $29-32 per yard + delivery fee, and I've seen the popular garden centers advertise same product delivery for $50-70 per yard, (pickup at garden center usually around $40-50) Also, if you are looking for pricing on big construction projects, like milling per hour & construction sites, I've found that the people in charge are pretty easy to talk to, just ask what the going rates are, usually they have no problem sharing. I've found milling jobs are around $110/ hour If anyone has any tips, for breaking out to Owner/OP, all opinions greatly appreciated
Welcome to the Forums AMH! Glad to have you. Are you planning on buying bulk material and reselling?
Thanks for pinning the forum! I am going to use milling jobs as my steady income, it's predictable, it's 9 months out of the year and I've worked with a few of the milling companies already. I've set up a website and Facebook page for purchasing mulch, topsoils, composts. I plan on just working with a few of the wholesale distributors, and when I get an order set it up for same day or next day delivery. I feel that the deliveries should be about $40 per yard, which gives about the same estimated pay as time spent on a milling job, between fuel, mileage and time. The caveat with mulch material is that it dries out, or color fades, so landscapers or home owners always want the freshest material.
How will you do same day or next day delivery if you're on a big milling job?
burn the candle at both ends.