Hello, The lift handle for my dump truck will no longer go into the "Lift" position. I dumped the load and noticed there was a bit of resistance when I moved the lever from "down" to the center position. Now it simply won't go into the "Lift" position at all. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
Cable or lever control? How old is the truck and where is the valve located?
Hi Steve, Thank you for responding, first time I've ever done this! The Truck is a 90 KW. I took the tower apart and then the lever started working??? Perhaps I freed the cable that controls the valve, not sure but the good thing is it is working now. Thanks again, Todd P.S. Love the God, guns, guts thing, So true!
Mine is starting to do a similar thing. The cable is starting to get a bit stiff. My guess like yours, you freed it up some but will probably need a new cable soon
I have heard spraying wd-40 or something like it into the cabel will help.
Just throwin this out there. If it recurs, the valve might be leaking past the spool and into the "endcap". The endcap is usually a cylindrical diecast aluminum-ish piece with two tabs with screwholes, and a tiny weep hole. The oil leaks past an o-ring, fills the space and the spool won't move that direction until the oil leaks out of the weep hole. Usually an o-ring will fix it and it's not hard to take apart, but be careful of flying springs.
That's where I was heading Delmer. I've had that end cap fill with debris and corrosion and seize the valve as well. It would be worth looking at to avoid future problems. Glad you got it running!