Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

dx225 doosan chattering

jonnydrama ยท 2014-10-15 18:18

Hey guys ! I'm in need of some help with my doosan dx225. It started to chatter about a month ago, and although it doesn't affect its performance, i think it may harm other several parts of my excavator. I brought a autorized mechanic to get it checked out. The mechanic said that it was a problem in the hydraulic motor. I actually think it's not - since the machine has only 3.000 hours (2014) and the motor doesn't die; the machine just keeps the chatter while work. I didnt want to open the hydraulic motor up when i'm almost sure it's not the real problem. I know it may sound arrogant, but frequently i see some friends going through rough times ($) because they made the wrong choice by believing in these 'autorized mechanics'. Any ideas what it might be ? i'm almost going nuts here haha thanks for the help ! i really appreciate it.

Replies4
  1. #1jonnydrama2014-10-15 18:24

    I almost forgot to say that this 'mechanic' put his hands on the regulators of the hydraulic bomb, and it now has a power problem. I, after, acessed the doosan's menu and it said that the pressure was ok (350 bar). so, any ideas ?

  2. #2finaldrive2014-10-15 18:26

    Check the pump coupling that couples the pump to the engine flywheel

  3. #3Huntoon2014-10-16 01:55

    When does it chatter?

  4. #4jonnydrama2014-10-17 20:14

    so, you just had to turn it on and it would start to chatter. I managed to fix it though I liked your pump coupling idea, i even bought a new one. Luckly, i decided to test the hydraulic nozzles before going for the pump coupling ('cause i thought 'twas much easier than changing the pump coupling, and it could be something wrong in there). We then checked the hydraulic nozzles and boom. 3 of 'em weren't working straight. I dont even know how my excavator could keep working with just 3 of 'em in normal function. I changed these 3 nozzles and the machine just came back to normal. Thanks for the help, guys. I really appreciate it.