Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynahoe 120

techdiver ยท 2006-06-14 17:17

Hello, I recently bought a Dynahoe model 120. I don't know too much about this machine. Can anyone shed some light on this? Such as where to get parts, owners manual etc. I do know it has a 4 cylinder Ford Industrial Engine, I believe it's a 192 CID. Thanks....

Replies8
  1. #1cat3202006-06-14 19:21

    Well I forget my hystory with the dynahoe but i think GM had a stacke in them but i;m not sure and then burcuries (spelling) was making them. It has been awhile since then but with a ford motor you should beable to get those parts and as far as the hydraulics pistons and stuff those can be repacked and new hoses made.

  2. #2digger242j2006-06-14 21:47

    That was enough to jog my memory, Cat. Bucyrus, as in "Bucyrus-Erie". (Pronounced "Byoo-sigh-rus", which information I include only because I once knew a guy who thought it was pronounced "Buk-rus".) Techdiver, Google "Bucyrue Erie Dynahoe" and you'll get lots of returns, although I can't guarantee any of them will be exactly what you need.

  3. #3Cat4202006-06-14 22:01

    I believe Terex was one of the last owners of the Dynahoe name. They may not be much help on as old a machine as the 120, but it's another place to check. Ebay also has some Dynahoe manuals every so often. Good luck.

  4. #4techdiver2006-06-15 10:45

    Dynahoe Thanks for the information, I'm still hunting around the web for more. I could not pass up the deal I got on this machine, it's justc going to be used around my yard. Even if I sold it for scrap metal, I could get more than I paid for it. So right now, all is good. I hope to get the machine home this weekend...

  5. #5GPS Equ.co.2006-06-21 12:22

    Hi i sale dynahoe parts and i think i have a parts book. I also stock some parts. Just email me and i will give you my phone number... thanks

  6. #6littleplows2007-09-20 22:28

    Yahoo has a Dynahoe user Forum that tends to be a lot of help. The manuals and serial numbers are all there on their page.

  7. #7mikef872007-09-21 17:05

    I had a dynahoe with a gas motor and the rest had 4-53 detroit diesels. You can still get parts for them. Strong machine, but slow.

  8. #8Lawton Hicks2007-10-02 18:35

    Dynahoe resources I have a Dynahoe 200-4 and typically find anything I need within our forums: links, parts, info, leads, etc... Check out Yahoo groups, then search Dynahoe. I suggest you join both, they're free and full of help. Welcome to the family. Good luck Lawton "The Rookie" Hicks:usa