Hello, Does anyone know if Dynahoe made a model C machine? I'm buying a Dynahoe and there is no number like 140, 160 next to the model. Just a C. Also does anyone know where I can get an operators manual and service manual for a Dynahoe. Thanks for any help you can can give.
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums!!!:drinkup I don't claim to be a Dynahoe expert, the've been around longer than me, but all I've seen are the number models you mention. Could the C be the series perhaps, as in Cat, New Holland, etc?
They are a soild strong machine but slow as molases when it comes to moving/driving to another job.The 4x4 models i think 290 where like having a loader and excavator in one machine I know alot of towns and big contractors had them around when i was a kid. now your lucky to see any around.
The big 4x4 dynahoe could push like a dozer. They also leak like nothing else on the backhoe itself. Usually they need a 5 gallon bucket of hydro oil every morning.
Here's a pretty good list of Dynahoe models. It's not all inclusive, but has most of them. I don't remember hearing of a "c" series, but it's not impossible. Ebay seems to have a couple of Dynahoe manuals every so often. Good luck
if i'm not mistaken, dynahoe was a product of bucyrus erie. maybe a search on the net for someone who handles old bucyrus parts maybe able to help you
Yes they were made by bucyrus-erie for a while. I think Terex later bought the Dynahoe name and I'm pretty sure that you can get parts for Dynahoe through Terex now.
dynahoe model # My dynahoe is a 1978 it says model B on the backhoe boom. Model C would have been a 1979 or newer model I have a toy Dynahoe that is a model 490K Good luck finding operators manual.
Bucyrus Erie acquired Hy-Dynamic Company in 1971 Frank G. Hough came up with the first Dynahoe thay where the principal product of the Hy-Dynamic Company. Bucyrus Erie kept building them till the mid 80s I believe. Then thay Bucyrus sold that part of the company to Northwest and then Terex aquired Northwest I think.
I worked on a Dynahoe once that had a 353 Detroit. The shuttle started to slip bad and I sent the discs out to be relined. Never was able to locate any new seals for it. As I recall there was a short drive shaft between the transmission and what looked like a truck rearend. It was a beefy machine, especially the hoe part, and probably from the 60's. Dynahoe's, especially the early ones always stood out no matter where they were. I saw one at an auction a few years ago that was a 4x4 and it was huge. Good luck. Phil
my Dynahoe My Dynahoe has a 353 Detroit engine. It has 8100 hours on the meter I put 150 of those on myself. When I got her she needed the two front lift cylinders resealed and one stabilizer would not lift + she needed the brakes repaired. I keep fresh oil in her and new filters and rotate the batterys around. She leaks out of the shuttle but I keep obsorbent pads under her and allway keep an eye on the fluid level. Thanks for writing do you know any thing about the 1970s Koehring 1066 1166 or 1266 excavators. How the controls worked.
We need a picture of her , only a mother could love . It's commendable of you to keep her in good shape. I was never too impressed with the one I fixed for a friend that time, but the work one of these machines can do is amazing, considering their age. I remember the machine having that Terex lime green colour. I was able to order that colour from an equipment dealer, recently. No problem getting engine parts anyway. Phil
Dyna Hoe Been in this business too long. Look up a company called Malvesi or similar in New Jersey. He was the number one Dynahoe dealer in the world and probably could help you. Yes, your machine was made by Bucyrus-Erie in Erie Pennsylvania. Good Luck
The old Koehring 1266's had air over hydraulic controls in em. I got to run one for about 2 hrs 3 years ago. It was an old ugly beast but the detroits behind me were just screamin. You could hardly hear the air valves working under you.
drag1line, I recall seeing those black diamond labels on Dynahoes all over the city!
Steve..uh...You been around this stuff too long too. And to the Koering question, the long levers had thumb buttons on them..air valve for the arm and bucket. Have a good one.
Picture for Phil Here's my baby, even my wife likes her.
Hey, to make you like it even more. Do an internet search for "Big Muskie", the world's largest mobil land machine...Same company that built that. built your baby!
I think Malvese was the Dynahoe dealer in New York and Binder Machinery was the dealer in NJ.
Ok,,,I stand corrected and note that someone else has gray hair!! Ha Ha. Thanks
I feel like its Big Muskie when I play with it in my back yard. I have more pictures of me digging trees out of my yard if any one wants to see. Now that the trees are gone its a over kill (Big Muskie rotortiller) for my garden. On the Koering answer was the swing forward and back on one control or was it side to side and was the boom and arm on the same control + what where the three pedals on the floor for. Thank you for answering my questions.
Dinah da Ho Minnpar has some parts available but are somewhat pricey. Wish I could find another cheapy I could just use for parts. I got my 490 off Ebay. Wound up with $13,200 in her delivered from NJ. She has long ago paid for herself. Built a house last year and did the site work myself with Dinah. Had some pretty good size trees to get out. Rear wheel steering took some getting used too. She is a bit heavy at about 24,500. I recently crushed an underground septic line. That was no fun. If I knew how I'd post a picture of her. Later, Pel
Lets see if this works Hum, it made links instead of posting th pics. Oh well, Pel
Maybe this is it Found a post on adding pics. Lets see if I am smart enough to do this. YES!! It works.
Just a friendly caution..Never let anything fall into the boom opening for the arm cylinder. It will jam and then bend the arm cylinder rod.
Yes, I read about that possibility somewhere. I try to keep trash cleared out thru the cleanout hole. The dipper stick cylinder did blow a seal. That thing is a monster. Used my bucket truck to lift it out and put it back. Just so y'all know I don't use Ms Dinah to make a living. I just always wanted a backhoe and have finally reached the point in my life that I am getting a few of the toys is desire. When folks asked me why I bought a backhoe I'd just say, "Cause I didn't have one". Oh, told 'em the same thing after I bought the bucket truck. Later, Pel
It is written..He who dies with the most toys....WINS!!! You are well on your way..Congratulations!
Someone once told me "He who dies with the most toys is still dead". Oh well, it'll give the kids something to fight over Later, Pel
For Pelicanroost Sorry for the slow response, here are some pictures of me removing trees. I dread removing the dipper cyclinder. Can you give me advice for replacing the hydraulic hoses?
I was fortunate to have a bucket truck to use lifting out the cylinder. It is a massive very heavy cylinder. Maybe a stout tree limb high enough to hang a chain hoist on. The hoses were not a big problem to change. You can get to them with the side plates off, just not much working room. Good luck, Pel
your dynahoe engine what engine do you have in your dynahoe.
brake problem Hi guy's, my toy is a 190 dynahoe 1974 and when i press the brake pedal , i dont feeling a pression and the brake dont working anymore but the transmission are disengage. anyone have advice or picture to help my thanks
4-53 Detroit. I think it is rated at 117 hp. Had the same engine in a boat. They are quite reliable but somewhat drippy. Pel
I didn't see any mention of the largest Dynahoe,the 200-4--that beast has a 2.5 yd. loader bucket and you almost need a football field to turn around.I ran one once for a few hours--very powerful,but clumsy as hell.
I once saw a 200-4 on Ebay. Thought about bidding on it just so I could have the 'monster truck' of backhoes Later, Pel
Check this one on MC out! http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/detail.aspx?ohid=3417934
"weighs 16 ton" 'Ya load 16 tons and whatda ya get, another day older and deeper in debt' Man, I would love to have that thing. I could really destroy some stuff with it. Pel "digs 20' deep" - They'd never find the bodies -
Machine was made as a hoe, but it's destination became a destructo machine! Dynahoe 190 in Melvidale Mich was fitted with a hammer -from-heaven. The tra-mac hammer more fitted for an excavator was mounted on the 190's A hammering son of a gum in the 80's/90's refinery and steel mill work here in Detroit!
I'd like to have it just to challenge some of the Case and JD boys to tie 'em tail to tail and see who can drag who :drinkup Pel
Transmission issues Dynahoe Alright i am having issues with my dads Dynahoe Here is the deal i am gonna very general at this point see if you could help me i will Be very detailed in my next post with pictures and schematics hoping for someone to be able to help me out. I have taken the beasts transmission out 6x ! now and still cant figure out what is preventing the transmission from building up the torque to move. So i put it into drive after its all started up and everything the body moves a lil bit and if you rev the engine up high the wheels begin to move but just barely. same result when i put it in reverse. all the hydraulics swing up and down. Currently Transmission is in two parts casing and clutch still attached to Dynahoe and 1st and second drive gear at my shop. i have all schematics for the transmission for assembling and disassembling whatever i have done wrong or have forgotton is preventing the tranny from running. If you can help me and require certain details please ask and i will provide everything i can. Thanks in Advance for all efforts in helping me.
Hey xeliteforcex, you might want to post your question with the Dynahoe group. Been a lot of talk there lately about transmission problems. http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dynahoeowners/ Hope this helps, Pel
I don't know much about the Dynahoe's as I have just puchased one and the model C was built back in the 60's I have been told they started in 1965....I have a 1967 Hi Dynamic Dynahoe Model C....as a matter of fact I have paper work back to 1967 when it was purchased....the 120's etc came later.....I am of course looking for some parts...master cyliders, brakes etc....any help I would appreciate Thanks
I am looking at a Dynahoe backhoe with interest to purchase if I can find parts for it. Engine tags did not reflect the model #. However I did get some numbers off the engine and pump. Please respond if you have any information as to what model it is. I have been told it is a 1962 year tractor. # on engine block: J51677 (77 looked much like the pie symbol) # on fuel pump: P4685 # on engine 6000JJ (or pie emblem instead of JJ or 77) My name is Bob Feldmeier. My e-mail address is [email protected]
All dyna-Hoes have there serial numbers on the top of the front frame rail , the first 3 digits will be the model it might look like this AD160-2117 or 140-2114, also if the plate on the dash is still there you will find the serial number there.
got a ? is the 200-4 the only dynahoe with the 4-71 detroit engine?
I had a Model A that was built in 1960. At that time The Hydynamic co had Models A, B, and C. I brought my model A used in 1970. About that time the 140, 160, and I think 180 came out. These three models were 2-wheel drive. I think the 170 and 190 were 4-wheel drive. My Model A had a Continental 6 cyl. gas emgine. It was a good machine. Armand
I am new to the Heavy Equipment Forums website, so I have a question for all you Dynahoe experts. Now, I am unfamiliar with Dynahoe tractors and was wondering if anyone could tell me where the serial number plates are located or how you can tell by looking at it whether it is a 140,160, or 190 from the tractor's components. I have one spotted and have no idea what size it is. There are no decals or markings that I can find. Thanks for your feedback.
Grrrrrrreat pics!
Yes Dynahoe made a HiDynamic Model C believe it was in the 60's I owned one of them still have some info on it if I can find it...it was a power house in them days could do more than any of these new 410's 416's 590's etc.
I hope someone is still using this thread for Dynahoe newbies. I am buying a 67-68 Dynahoe 140 and was curious to see if anyone knew where the side panels of the cab could be purchased from? Also interested in trying to find any specs on this bad boy.
Can someone please tell me how to identify my Dynahoe? It has a Detroit 3 cylinder diesel. How can i tell if it is a 140,160 or 190?
Got a pic???? one of the main differences of the 190 is the self level bucket linkage.
Let me know if you want a specific pic.
Hi all, i have a dynahoe 120. It is in need of a overhaul and in terrible condition with a broken ford industrial engine. I intend to fix it on the reason it is so heavy and they dont make 'em like that anymore. A sidenote:someone told me that the dynahoe model #'s correlated to the hoes reach 120=12 ft, 140 =14ft, 160=16ft.
Glad to see other people out there still working on their Dynahoe. Anyone have specs for a 67-68 140? I need to know the dry weight if possible. Need cab sides too.
Finding original sides will be a one in a million thing... and that's just for one! most of the equipment wrecking yards around here that had any dynahoe parts have since scrapped them of course this is an east coast machine so the majority of stuff is on the east coast but.... your best bet would be fab something up The good thing about these machines is they were made with pretty generic truck parts for a lot of things like axles,tranny's,etc... so not too hard to fix or find that stuff. here are a couple pages from one of my hoes books... can't remember the year but mid 60's somewhere...
Thank you Ronsii!!!
Yes, they did it became the 160 (16.0' digging depth). The first model was the A (gasoline engine) and then the AD (3-53 GM Diesel) the model C was next in line.