Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynahoe 190 Series B (1974 vintage) Loader Operation

George Watson · 2021-02-15 08:46

Does the Dynahoe 190 Series B, (1974 vintage) front bucket have a 'float' capability? Placard in the cab shows a position but I can't get it to work, all it does is dig deeper into the ground and lift the front end up. Can you offer a suggestion as how to operate it? I'm using front bucket to move snow around and smooth out the driveway dirt. Am I supposed to hold the bucket dump lever in the dump position? Is there an adjustment I can perform?

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042021-02-15 10:35

    that's what float does on any backhoe. If the bucket meets resistance, the bucket stops and the tractor keeps moving forward, raising the front of the tractor and applying pressure to the bucket. In reverse, the bucket will follow ground contour.

  2. #2Steve Favia2021-02-15 19:02

    No sure on a dynahoe, most do it moving lever directly left 9 o clock position.

  3. #3Welder Dave2021-02-15 19:33

    Float shouldn't be used when going forward as it will do exactly what you're saying. You can end up slamming the lift cylinders to the end and destroying them.

  4. #4Steve Favia2021-02-15 22:46

    That’s for sure reverse only,at least for me