Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynahoe Battery Sequence

BobK515 ยท 2023-06-15 11:11

Hi, need a wireing sequence on how to hook up batteries in Dynahoe so I can see if it will start. Anyone know how to do this. I thought I needed only 2 batteries but has more wires. Didn't think I could fit 3 batteries. Help please from an old lady that doesn't know what she is doing. thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Tones2023-06-15 16:27

    For 12 volt with 2 x 12 volt batteries goes + on one battery to+ on the other. - to - on the other battery. For 24 volts goes + on one battery to - on the other and + 2 - In both of these sequence positive is to the starter, negative is to earth

  2. #2BobK5152023-06-15 16:59

    Thank you, thank you Thank You

  3. #3BobK5152023-06-15 17:12

    Tones, I may need more help after trying the sequence. I'll let you know

  4. #4Tones2023-06-15 17:28

    Can you tell me if the engine is fitted with an alternater or generator. It really important and don't connect anything until it's confirmed. Photos would help.