Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dynapac pad foot

dozier man ยท 2014-01-22 04:31

I have a ca12 54" pad foot I'm have a pulling issue the vibration works as it should but the drum is the only thing that pulls the the wheels does not pull I talked to a mechanic he said there's a splitter valve that put equal flow to both pumps from the main pump but I have search this thing over and I can not find it do you know of any thing else for me to check

Replies8
  1. #1fsmech2014-01-22 05:19

    I should be able to check a service manual/ schematic for you tomorrow, what year and any more info on the machine please?

  2. #2dozier man2014-01-22 07:39

    its 1985 dynapac ca12 has duetz air cookled diesel

  3. #3Plant Fitter2014-01-22 15:47

    According to this thread with the link above, Dynapac don't have any valve to split the oil flow to both the drum drive and the wheels. Any that I have seen just have the hoses from the pump going to a T block, then going off to the drum and the drive. I have always thought it was a poor design. Of course yours could be different.............. If the wheels don't drive, could also be broken axle, diff, gearbox........... If it has a hi/lo drop box, make sure it is not in neutral...........

  4. #4dozier man2014-01-22 20:36

    That sounds alot like mine I've looked for a neutral there is none when i load on a small bobcat trailer on the metal ramps the drum spins but not the wheels but when im on dirt it stalls on the slightest incline basicly if im not on a level pad its useless

  5. #5oceanobob2014-01-22 23:09

    Have a smaller dynapac in this vintage....the deutz starts always.... I have to greatly lower the tire pressure to help with traction issues. We have been told there is or once was a flow divider valve to provide required flow to both the drum and to the rear wheel drive motor in lieu of the tee....was curious if the flow is to be equal? Does the divider valve have to be a gear type with a positive type separation?

  6. #6fsmech2014-01-23 04:23

    Had a look today and sorry to say the oldest literature I could fund was 1999 model c12. In the Breakdown down if that oil comes from the pumps, into t pieces and then to the drives. Couldn't see any flow control valves or the likes in there. Does it happen in both forwards and reverse??

  7. #7Plant Fitter2014-01-23 04:56

    It is not supposed to be a proper neutral. But if you are not all the way in either high or low, there is a neutral position in between. Follow the hoses, if there is a flow divider, it should be easy to find.........

  8. #8dozier man2014-01-23 21:32

    i cant find a hi low speed level or switch from what i understand from a dealers mechanic there should have been a valve on the frame to push or pull to unlock the hydluilics to move it if its not running but its not there and the machine roll freely i have tried following the hoses with no luck