Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

E R O P S ?

Sageair ยท 2006-06-13 00:30

Howdy all. I'm new to the forum. In searching ads for used backhoes I have seen the acronym erops. Could someone please tell me what it means? I did a search but no luck. Thank you in advance.

Replies8
  1. #1tylermckee2006-06-13 00:39

    enclosed rollover protective structure, as opposed to just ROPS (open cab)

  2. #2Sageair2006-06-13 00:42

    Wow that was quick, many thanks.

  3. #3digger242j2006-06-13 00:54

    Hey, Tyler has all the answers! :notworthy You'll also see an open cab sometimes referred to as OROPS, which should be self explanitory now...

  4. #4Sageair2006-06-13 08:56

    So does that mean that WUROPS would be (well used roll over protection structure) ? :bouncegri

  5. #5digger242j2006-06-13 09:20

    Uh, I guess so. You'd want to avoid buying anything with one of those though. Go for one with a NUROPS (Never Used Rollover Protective Structure). :yup

  6. #6BRL2006-06-13 19:40

    :bouncegri Well, for being new to the forum, I see Sageair fits right in with this bunch. Welcome aboard!

  7. #7Sageair2006-06-13 22:29

    Thanks I appreciate it.

  8. #8Steve Frazier2006-06-13 23:48

    Good job guys! Broke him in right right at the start, lol! Welcome Sageair!!:drinkup