Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Early 2000s case 470 transmission problems

vera66 ยท 2015-11-20 02:09

Hey everyone I am having some issues with I am guessing a 2003 case 470 tractor. When it gets to operating temp and is ran for a while it will pop in and out of gear. I am pretty stumped on this issue I checked all the wiring replaced the clutch cut out switch in the control handle and its still having issues. It runs fine when cold and only does it when it gets hot. Also I was only able to recreate the problem when shifting between gears or going into forward or reverse. I won't do anything for say 45 seconds and then goes into gear and stays in gear until it is shifted to another gear or going from forward to reverse or reverse to forward. I will post tomorrow the correct year and another info the tractor has 9000 hours on it. Also how does the transmission work on these tractors is it an automatic or a manual? or something in between that? Does it have a Transmission pump that supplies pressure like a large wheel loader? Any help would be awesome I will try and post so pictures of the machines also its in pretty rough shape lol.

Replies4
  1. #1melben2015-11-20 09:34

    A little more info and especially pictures of the power shuttle oil checkpoints would be helpful. I looked on the Case parts site and could not find a 470 listed. Each system had things that was typical of that particular unit.

  2. #2vera662015-11-21 01:07

    here is a pictures and info tag its a 570 my bad thanks again will take more pictures of the shuttle valve tomorrow

  3. #3vera662015-11-21 01:30

    http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr779708ar108380411

  4. #4vera662015-11-21 01:33

    here is the case part manual. So this is an automatic transmission from what I see. I am lost on how to trouble shoot the issue though thanks for any help got to go for now my 4 month old son needs to be put to sleep