With the rate of technology advancements these days, and the latest thread being two years old, I'm curious to know what recommendations there are for an Earthwork 3D Takeoff/Estimating Software. When one begins to research whats available you find that there are MANY choices today. However, not all are created equal in respect to software, therefore, it's harder to determine which is the best. All have there of sales pitch with targeted punch lines. BUT, the bottom line is the reality of functionality and ease of use with accuracy. My company is 6 years old. I'm the slave that does it all. I either sit up at night bidding jobs or stop working (stop making money) to get a job estimated to keep work lined up. Needless to say, it eats up a lot of time. I'm looking to redeem the time it normally takes to do a takeoff/estimate the old school way by hand. I'm looking for hands on experience and recommendations. Especially if you have experience or have tried more than one software program.
We do design work in microstation and autocad civil 3d. The microstation work generally has detailed calc sheets of how we came up with every quantity that is back checked and signed off on. We also provide the surfaces and geometry files that were used. Yes I know the programs aren't 100% accurate but you can't survey every square foot either. If the estimating programs don't work with those two formats at a minimum I would keep looking.
Onsite Software.... it's the best! Been using it since the late 80's.....user friendly, and great tech support 24-7.
Insite, not onsite