Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eaton 10 speed hard to shift

Member · 2022-09-24 08:12

I just recently purchased a 2006 378 peterbilt. It has a c-13 and a 10 speed Eaton transmission. Any of the lower gears meaning 1,3,5,6,8, and 10th are hard to get into gear. It feels as if they don’t go as deep into gear as the upper gears do. Has anyone experienced this? I haven’t tore into yet I plan on doing it this Sunday. Iv been into a couple transmissions but never a 10 speed. Thank you.

Replies2
  1. #1Truck Shop2022-09-25 07:07

    Your working on a RTLO16210C ?

  2. #2Member2022-09-26 07:48

    Ill have to get the numbers off of it. I think I have found the problem. It appears that the shifter is actually hitting the cab I started tearing it apart, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet.