My machine is stuck in high and will not switch to low speed travel. I've swapped my rocker switch with a good working one and that didn’t work. I know there’s a solenoid valve that controls the flow, does anyone know where it is located on my machine and how can I test it to see if it faulty? Thanks.
See attached wiring diagram. In the pump room,the front solenoid is travel speed, you can exercise the spool by pushing the center plunger in firmly. DO NOT DO THIS WHILE TRAVELING. Additionally be mindful of RE9102 that handles the load of MA9103. BTW, welcome to the forums, swing by the new members introductions and say hi.
Sir, I can’t tell you how appreciative I am of your help. Thank you so much. I’ve lurked around this forum for many many years and finally registered last year and now to my first post. I’m at the fire station on duty today but I can’t wait to get home tomorrow to locate the solenoid and check the plunger like you recommended. Thank you again, I’ll post when I find my culprit.
I am getting no power at all to my rocker switch inside my cab that selects my travel speed. I exercised the plunger on the front solenoid and it wants to rebound to the “up” position. The only blown fuse in the cab was for my exterior lights, all other fuses are ok. Any idea why I wouldn’t be getting power to my high/low speed rocker switch? Is there a way to override the system and have the solenoid control valve stuck in low, rather than high?
Look at the attached schematics. Power begins at fuse 27 then goes to RE9102 that sends power to RE9103 where it sits, the switch, SW9103 controls ground for relay 9103. The relays are mounted in a box behind a panel above the battery box. There are several connectors beneath the box going behind the battery box. Check those for corrosion. Good luck.
Thank you sir. I’ll report back with my findings.