Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ec35 thumb hydraulic help

Asa Joel Spicer ยท 2021-06-06 21:48

Hey everyone. I'm hoping the video plays but if not.. heres the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/tt8CwYYEwuR5rMzq7 It's on a 2005 volvo ec35 for the thumb attachment that is activated by the pedal on the floor. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2021-06-07 05:36

    Good day Asa Not sure how we can help? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Asa Joel Spicer2021-06-07 07:52

    If you click on the link it will bring you to a video explaining my issues. I figured that would be easier than trying to explain it

  3. #3Asa Joel Spicer2021-06-07 07:56

    Long story short, fitting broke off end of currently unused thumb attachment hose on dipper. Fluid came gushing out like a garden hose until I shut machine off. Trying to figure out why I have so much pressure like that on an unused line? Is something stuck open?

  4. #4uffex2021-06-07 13:09

    Good day Asa Lines that connect to the return of the hydraulics have a nominal pressure between 3 & 5 bars this provides back pressure preventing cavitation so while the line is not used does not mean it is without pressure. Kind regards Uffex