Can anyone tell me where the hydraulic filter is located on a case 580 super K?
It's been a few years since I've worked on one so I'm working with a memory that's full of crap so I could be wrong, but I seem to recall it was in front of the hydraulic reservoir. Seems I recall there was a rubber flap, like a mud flap, between the rear of the engine and the hydraulic reservoir, pull that flap forward on the side of the engine where the fuel filter is located and the hyd return filter is behind that rubber flap. At least I think so.
And I don't know if this applies to a 580K Phase III machine.
Nope, a superK, or phase 3 (shifter on fender), has the hydraulic filter and the transmission filter under the driver's feet, accessible from under the machine. Both filters are the same part number, the hydraulic filter mounts vertically, and the transmission filter is horizontal.
Thanks Mitch. :drinkup