Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ED150 hydraulic pump falure

ToddS ยท 2022-08-26 12:59

Hey there. I have a 2008 ED-150. The hydraulic pump failed and pushed brass and metal throughout the system. I rebuilt all the rams, pulled and cleaned the tank. Pulled the big valve between the hyd. tank and the hyd. pump and cleaned it all out. No metal was found. I cleaned the pilot controls, and blew as many lines out as I could. I also pulled and cleaned the valves that are under the operators feet. I installed a new hyd pump but do not have the knowledge of setting the PSI to factory specs. When I start the machine and activate the hydraulics, the machine starts moving on its own. It will spin in a 360. The boom function gets stuck and it sounds like the pump is putting a big load on the motor. The motor bogged down and died a few times once the hydraulics were activated. I am not sure what to do at this point and where to look. I am currently taking out the valve that is next to the cab by the swing motor. As help is appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1heymccall2022-08-26 13:56

    Yup. Debris and subsequent binding in the control spools of the main hydraulic valve. You'll have pull the entire valve assembly and do a complete teardown and inspection.