Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EL 240 and other pics

cummins05 ยท 2010-08-05 10:31

These are some machines from a sewer lagoon job close to town I had never seen an EL 240 before and the cat painted (euclid) packer I had never seen before was it always a packer or did they convert it from somthing else?

Replies7
  1. #1cummins052010-08-05 10:43

    I have pics of the 8Ks and 621 pans some rock trucks and a couple of the other dozers they have I will post once the batt in my camera is charged I took more of the CAT/EUC also if you guys are interested.

  2. #2mitch5042010-08-05 10:51

    more of 240, packer and others please. The EL240 is a rebadged mitsubishi from when Cat bought mitsi out of the excavator business. It's from the late 80's very early 90's. The cat 300's are a lot more like the EL's than the cat 200s. Maybe the packer was some sort of pull tractor, scraper puller?

  3. #3cummins052010-08-05 11:14

    I was thinking it looked like a belly dump haul truck I will go get more pics these guys are guna be there for another 2 months doin a 2 week job they have a D6H EL 240 325cl 2 D300 arctics two cat D3g two D8k with 621 pans and it has taken them 46 days and counting to do a 40m by 45m by 4.5m deep with 5:1 slope lagoon and they just started doin the finish on the slopes yesterday . They also misread the cut and are now filling back in a half metre cause they cut to 5m

  4. #4cummins052010-08-05 11:29

    If you look in the test section of the forum I used two pics of the 240 there. It wont let me repost them in this thread even after I renamed them. So if anyone wants a look at them before I can get that thread deleted that is were they be.

  5. #5mitch5042010-08-06 10:20

    Belly dump is more likely. I was trying to think what I had seen pulled by something like that.

  6. #6cummins052010-08-07 09:02

    Im heading over to the site today to see if I can get some vid and pics of the EUC/CAT packer in action.

  7. #7monkey2010-08-19 21:11

    EL240B getting moved