Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

El jay 36 roller cone

newcreator422 · 2024-11-09 13:42

Hello and thank you in advance for your help. I work at a crusher plant and we are running a eljay36 with a jaw pre crusher. I have been there a little over a year and as of right now we adjust the cone and the jaw when we see production loss or to much recycle. We make 3/4 road base. I'm wonding If there is a way to measure the cone gap or something so that I can set it for beat production. Also running a brand new corse cone. And also be able to maintained measure instead of waiting until we notice a loss. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Replies3
  1. #1gotigers2025-02-11 23:26

    I usually roll up some tin foil in a ball and throw it in the cone, comes out flat and gives closed side setting.

  2. #2Crushitco2025-04-21 14:55

    Take 4 empty pop cans and drop down the cone when they come out measure with a tape and that is the best fastest and most accurate way to see what your set at

  3. #3BearCreekGravel2025-12-18 16:40

    I have square bar stock (3/4”x1”) welded to a longer handle that I can just run around the CSS before fire up to see if we need to re-shim. (Cedarapids RC 45 and 54) I run 1” screen for final product size but will set the cone a little tight. The rectangle size of the bar stock gives me a pretty decent feel for what will be coming out.