I have a fully charged 800 CCA Interstate battery and yesterday I turned on the ignition, gauge lights came on and could hear the fuel pump purring but when I turned the key to start, just a thud sound like noise with no cranking. The connections on the battery are clean and tight and had no trouble starting before however there is an electrical leak somewhere in the system. I installed a battery shut off switch on the negative battery post earlier to stop that issue but now this... I am thinking it must be a problem with the starter, maybe the wiring going to the starter to trigger the motor. My mechanic is going to try to isolate where the leak is but for now I just want to get the engine to turn over so I can run it outside to take pics of it since i am selling it. I had to replace the starter on an older Hitachi and i remember it was really tough to get at with such cramped room to work. Anyone here ever replace the starter on a ZX 55 and could give me any heads up tips. Thanks, Ray
No replies yet.