There are a couple of threads going about electrical problems and fixes. I've started a new thread for this. I finished another video today which is about electrical wiring harnesses. It's beginner stuff but some of you might find it a bit interesting. It's just over five minutes long and I got a cab wiring harness donated to me for the project. I'll be doing some extra short videos as I deconstruct this monster to show interesting. Those short videos are titled Electrical Short and there are a couple already posted.
Thanks John
The videos of yours that I've seen are great, John. I would love to see a short video of how to pop the terminals out of the various connection blocks with the bunch of "keys" I spotted in this video above. Usually manage to get them apart eventually, but these days with the greasy reading glasses it can take longer than I'd like. Need to find a similar bunch of keys I reckon. All the best.
Thanks for the comments. Crimping open barrel terminals, closed barrel terminals plus removal from the harness couplers is in the works. There are so many different makes and styles of harness couplers now that I have to produce the videos when I get access to the couplers and the style of pins that work in them. They all have their secrets apparently.
Yes they do, lol. Even disconnecting some of the different plugs and sockets is a test of patience especially when gunged up in black oil and years of dirt, and upside down to where you can see.
It takes years of experience to develop both the skills and the patience to fix things like that above. Thank you for sharing.
For years I've tried to come up with some kind of reverse pliers for pulling those things apart. They also usually secure the couplers to some kind of bar in the far corner of nowhere that you can just touch with the very tips of your fingers with the machine stopped in one position and sitting over a mud hole that you have to crawl through to remove the belly pan that you have to use only the open end of a three quarter inch combination wrench and turn one flat at a time. Good Times!
John I’ve been watching your videos as you post them and I enjoyed them. Some of it is beginner stuff but a little reminder never hurt anyone. Will you be getting into can bus and how certain sensors work?
Thanks for watching. I don’t know much about can buss so don’t know how much research I’ll have to do for it. I am going to do some study on it. I do have plans for electrical components, how they work and how to check them.
Thanks John for taking the time to make these video's.
I've added to my list of heavy equipment electrical training videos. The link to the playlist is below. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnWEIsuBcxfiXijD1c3yJMs2bSP4McpY4
I’ve been keeping up with them. Keep them coming!
Here are a few good videos on servicing Deutsch DT connectors that you could potentially link John.
Super, I'll link them in the next day or so.
I watch scannerdanner on youtube and he has a lot of good info on can bus and how to trouble shoot different sensors.
I’ll have to check him out