Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Electrical issue

Tyler Pickard · 2018-12-29 13:05

i have a champion 720a series III I ran all day yesterday and got in cab this morning and started machine but I have no power to anything other than starter. Machine starts and runs but can’t shift, no lights, no heater, no fuel guage. What happened? Anyone had this happen before?

Replies4
  1. #1DB22018-12-29 17:54

    There is a continuous duty solenoid under the switch console on the RH side. Looks like a starter relay. Jump the heavy terminals to check if it is the culprit.

  2. #2Tyler Pickard2018-12-29 22:15

    Thanks. Shorty after I posted this thread it just started working and worked all day. I think I may have gotten water into a connection and once it ran for a while it dried out and worked. Just my guess though

  3. #3DB22018-12-29 22:25

    Those solenoids can and will freeze up. I’ve had to use a heat gun on occasion to get them working. Anyway next time it’s somewhere to look. Cheers

  4. #4Tyler Pickard2018-12-30 07:45

    Ok thanks. It was -18 while this was happening. Could have been the issue