Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

eletric grader with battery

Graderfan1981 ยท 2018-04-10 18:28

There is for underground use an repowered electric grader. It seems it is from modern ones the first one. Here a link to a video: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=160786404626442

Replies7
  1. #1DB22018-04-10 21:33

    Very interesting! Thanks for sharing

  2. #2DIYDAVE2018-04-11 07:12

    I wonder, HMMMM, does it pass diesel powered graders, then slow down, like a prius???

  3. #3cuttin edge2018-04-12 08:06

    Electric drive is already proven tech, locomotives have been hauling ass for years. I think a lot of larger mining equipment,, latourno ( don't think I spelled that right) loaders have electric drive. But they all have Diesel power plants. If they could come up with a cheaper powerful and reliable battery system. Something better than this tablet battery anyway

  4. #4DIYDAVE2018-04-12 20:23

    For the record, I wasn't making fun of electric drives, just prius drivers!

  5. #5John C.2018-04-16 12:19

    I can understand and electric drive for underground mining. With the speeds and distances a normal grader has to operate with, I can't see the machine in the video as being anything other than an experiment.

  6. #6Graderfan19812018-04-27 18:52

    The company which rebuilt this grader is Medatech. I find a link with pictures and story about it: https://medatech.ca/case-study/battery-electric-motor-grader-powertrain/

  7. #7old-iron-habit2018-04-27 22:51

    Makes sense in the attachment in post #7 that this grader was being used in an open pit mine. The underground graders I have seen have the real short cab with the operator sitting down behind the blade on one edge.