Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

elongated holes -how to tighten up valve controls on backhoe 580c

Popeye1 ยท 2013-06-28 22:47

I just bought a 580c and am trying to clean it up a little and get it operating a little smoother. One of the main problems I have is that a lot of the holes/pins between the levers and valves are really loose. The holes seem to be pretty elongated. Any ideas how to fix something like that? Thanks for the help

Replies3
  1. #1mnsteve2013-06-28 23:25

    Drill them out and put in larger pins.... Weld up the holes and re-drill them.... Lots of options, just depends how bad they are.

  2. #2HardmanGT2013-06-29 08:30

    Had the same issue on my Ford. I bought some bronze bushings (nylon would work too) from Tractor Supply and Lowes, drilled out the holes and slid in the bushings, reused the original pins. Problem solved. I should have taken pictures of the process but it was pretty simple and worked great!

  3. #3HardmanGT2013-06-29 08:32