Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Emission issues, older unit wanted

MikeBill ยท 2016-11-07 16:40

I currently have a case tr320 tier 3 track skid steer. Not happy with it at all it has been in the shop almost this whole month. Going to put up for sale as soon as I get it back, going to be looking for a pre emissions - track skid loader will need one in the 100hp field just don't know which company makes a good reliable unit. Id rather buy a older unit and just keep rebuilding it when needed. Looking for guidance with any suggestions.

Replies1
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-11-07 17:13

    Given the nature of the beast, as they say.. They ALL have problems.. its just the conditions they work in.. and of course the lack of maintenance.. They ALL bust hydro lines.. it looks to the layman that they are "easy" to replace.. oh contraire.. They ALL are prone to fuel problems.. but a good maintenance schedule will take care of that.. filters, filters, and more filters.. They ALL over heat.. again.. maintenance.. regular radiator fin clean out, a quality antifreeze and thermostat.. They ALL are prone to "dust" an engine.. given the location of the air intake system.. again, filters, filters, and more filters.. What I would be looking for, other than HP is>> ease of repair.. HOW ACCESSABLE are the components.?? Because as I just stated> THEY ALL BREAK.. MAKE SURE the entire cab will FLIP UP... Some require entire removal.. and some. acouple of bolts, pull a pin, hook a chain to the cab and back up.. Good luck w/ your search and I hope this helped..