Does anyone know, or know where to find a breakdown of what years changes were made? Like for trucks egr started in 04 then dpf's were 07. Are excavators the same or are the years different since they are off-road? I found a range they were given, but i am looking for something more specific. I am leaning towards a zx160 or case/link belt 160. I am looking for older/more affordable machines. There are some low hour 07/08 machines, but i would like to stay behind the emissions changes unless they made huge improvements in the machine that make it worth it.
You can easily find a chart showing the off-road compression ignition EPA Tiers and when they were implemented for a given horsepower range, but the truth is the exact changes are not only manufacturer specific but machine and/or engine specific. Some manufacturers used "Flex" provisions to keep using a lower tier engine for a number of years as a way of avoiding some of the re-engineering costs. Pretty much have to look for machine specific brochures or ask the dealer exactly what engine/emissions package you're looking at in a given unit.