Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine Control Motor

01440X ยท 2010-11-29 20:05

I have a 1997 Hitachi 200-5 and the previous owner took the control motor off and put a manual throttle on because he didn't like the electronics. So 3 years later I am sick of the hand throttle and bought a new controller (never thought at the time to get the old one from the owner) and bought a throttle cable. So I put the new parts on and the control motor makes a noise but the shaft doesn't move at all. Any thoughts?.....

Replies7
  1. #1cutting edge2010-11-30 08:39

    did you do the ec learning procedure? ec sensor ok? switch panel 2 and main controller ok?

  2. #201440X2010-11-30 09:40

    Nope... how do you test all that?

  3. #301440X2010-11-30 18:54

    I can hear the motor when the key is first turned on, then when the speed dial is turned up you can hear a click for every ten positions, and clicks all the way back to idle, then when the key is turned off the motor sounds again, all that time the shaft does not turn. I talked to service and the parts guy that I bought the motor from and we all thought that the motor was faulty, so I got another control motor and it does the exact same thing.

  4. #401440X2010-12-01 19:52

    Anyone have a wiring diagram for a Hitachi EX200-5 for the wiring going from the controller to the motor? Thanks

  5. #5dynahoescott2010-12-01 20:19

    Why do you want that useless extra equipment you are talking about? Sounds like the original owner knew what he was doing and the machine ran fine. All the computerization in excavators are worthless except for diagnostics anyway. I would take a non computerized machine over a electronic one any day, I wish they sill made them. They all ran with out them for years before any way.

  6. #601440X2010-12-02 17:51

    Sorry, I was looking for electrical help, not advice if I should keep the manual throttle or not.

  7. #7dynahoescott2010-12-02 20:47

    No apologies necessary, good luck.