Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine dies

Toddaccardi ยท 2016-02-11 19:00

I have a 863 bobcat and my engine keeps dieing replaced filters it will run for 5 mins then die out and then the primer ball is soft and now I can not get it hard

Replies5
  1. #1Wes J2016-02-11 19:40

    Bad diaphragm in the lift pump. Replace it and try again. Are you getting any fuel in the oil? If it's an electric pump, could be several things.

  2. #2Mike L2016-02-11 19:40

    Something in the pickup tube starving the engine for fuel? Try hooking up a fuel line from a 5 gallon can and see if it solves your trouble. Or unhook the fuel line and see if you can blow through it back towards the tank.

  3. #3Toddaccardi2016-02-11 19:50

    No fuel in oil that I can tell new to the whole Bob cat I have only messed with gas engines

  4. #4Mike Van2016-02-13 05:53

    My old Trojan loader, same kind of problem - It has a screen on the inlet to the lift pump that was plugged. Hasn't stalled in almost 2 years now!

  5. #5Toddaccardi2016-02-13 08:08

    I got the pick up line replaced now when I try to turn hard it try's to stall but will idle right back up or when I'm trying to push stuff that's way to heavy or just when the tires are spinning is that normal