Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine Distributors Inc. wood chipper engine DSG 423 only runs on either

mattyt1984 ยท 2020-01-30 21:29

I have a 2009 WC 612 wood chipper with this engine I am trying to get running. It fires on either but not gas and I have good fuel pressure at the fuel rail. Does anyone have a manual on this for diagnostic it has a MIL light that blinks but I dont know how to use the blink code.

Replies9
  1. #1MarshallPowerGen2020-01-30 21:56

    I know Genie put out a service bulletin for those engines running on propane but not gasoline due to spark plugs fouling over time. Here's a link: https://www.genielift.com/docs/defa...g423-fuel-tech-tip-boom.pdf?sfvrsn=871ae55b_9

  2. #2mg23612020-01-31 04:14

    Go here and download manual. Page 217 shows the blink code process.

  3. #3mattyt19842020-01-31 19:12

    Below is what it says in manual thanks for send me that link what is STI connector? My bulb was missing will any 12 VDC work? The MIL bulb test occurs KOEO with the STI connector not grounded. The MIL bulb will stay on and remain on if no DTCs are present. If DTCs are present (except DTC 123), the MIL bulb will blink. If the MIL bulb does not illuminate when bulb test is performed, access diagnostic software and view the fault indicator on screen. If the screen fault indicator is illuminated and the MIL light is not, inspect the bulb and replace it if damaged. If bulb is OK or does not illuminate after replacement, refer to MIL circuit test procedure. Once MIL bulb illumination has been verified or established, DTCs can be extracted from the MIL as follows

  4. #4mg23612020-02-01 04:44

    Self Test Input connector. Page (pdf page) 202 and 203, manual page 8-25 and 26. I honestly don't know the answer to that question. If you key on and measure with a voltmeter what do you have? That should answer your question.

  5. #5mattyt19842020-02-01 17:59

    I tried getting this running today but was unsuccessful. I have over 100 psi at the injector rail. Would this cause too much fuel and a no start? I changed all plugs the ones that were in looked good though.

  6. #6mattyt19842020-02-06 20:55

    Thank you all I got it running the fuel lines were crossed at the fuel regulator assembly. The assembly has a fuel pressure regulator a feed line a return line and a line that feeds the injector rail. On the fuel pressure regulator there is a sensor that has a 4 wire sensor attached what does this sense? Fuel pressure and does it report back to ecm pressures?

  7. #7mattyt19842020-03-01 19:17

    I got this running but has very little power. I retriebed the following codes 113 336 134 154 the only one that shows up in the manual is 113 for bank 2 oxygen sensor. I hight doubt that could be causing the issues. IS there codes for this that are not listed in manual?

  8. #8MarshallPowerGen2020-03-01 21:59

    Give Engine Distributors Inc. a call or email. They've been the Ford Power Products distributor since all the service manuals were new, and should be able to set things straight with the codes and what you should be looking for. https://www.edi-dist.com/ 1-800-220-2700

  9. #9mattyt19842020-03-02 21:21

    Here is https video of blink codes if anyone can help decipher the numbers