Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine monitor Reset

John White · 2025-03-23 21:59

I need help in getting my engine monitor reset. its sort of beyond my knowledge. Nige has always came to the rescue on some of the problems I have had on here. I hope he is reading this. I am 84 and my shovel days have come to a end. But the desire to keep digging on has not. Bite my tongue but I bought one of those little China made excavators. (still have my JCB backhoe at shop) I bought this because it takes up only a 4' x 5' space and use it at home. It is a Digmaster 200 with a little 2 cylinder Kubota engine. The problem is that some how the engine monitor got reset or messed up. Temp, oil pressure, charging work but the RPM shows blank with the fuel gauge. I could live without the RPM because I can tell pretty well what it is running but the fuel gauge needs to work, other wise I have to remove fill neck and take the screen out to know how much fuel is in it. I don't know if you have ever had to correspond with the Chinese, but i hit a brick wall every time. For example paper that came with it said "be sure to butter the stick liberally before using" also "how to light your engine on fire if it wont start". I figured those out. It has a engine monitor made by a company called Mebay' hard to do a google search because it wants to come up "Ebay". It is Mebay model GM51H They make a lot of engine monitors for a lot of different things, generators, engines. i finally found a model GM50 H (it does not show the RPM or fuel gauge) Not a GM51H that has those items. I downloaded the instructions but first of all I don't understand them and not being the right ones I don't want to mess the other readings up. I contacted Digmaster and they had no idea what a engine monitor was. I finally found a webb site for Mebay. i had to enter a business name before it would let me send a e mail. I gave them the model # and they said they never made it. Their name with model right on it. You can go to Ebay and enter the name Mebay GM51H and it is listed for around $55. I sent two different suppliers a message asking if it was a plug and use or had to be reprogrammed . Or if they could send me install instructions. I would just buy a new one if it was plug and play. They had no idea what I was asking. Maybe some one on here smarter than I am can help me

Replies6
  1. #1Mike_272025-03-25 00:34

    https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807504836756.html has some details and instructions in the description.

  2. #2John White2025-03-25 07:57

    Yes, Ali express does list the GM51 H along with about 6 listings on E bay. The problem is that no one can provide me with instructions for it. All the instructions I can find are for the GM50H and I think that is different

  3. #3Mike_272025-03-25 14:31

    Here's the listing and a book from the manufacturer's website (in english). 重庆铭贝科技有限公司 https://mebay-web.oss-cn-beijing.aliyuncs.com/mebay/images/6e1c501e-d6f9-4012-82ff-4a88ee3869de.pdf

  4. #4John White2025-03-28 18:03

    I thank you so much. I tried every where and could not find it. I even contacted sellers on e bay and no help. I will copy them and get some one that really understands them and make sure I do it right. Again thanks a million.

  5. #5Rockey2025-07-07 20:23

    I am looking for the same. How to reset the RPM and the fuel gauge on a GM51H electronic instrument panel. They are currently not working. the other gauges seem to be working fine

  6. #6John White2025-07-08 21:25

    I printed out the instructions and then asked my grand son to help. He figured out how to do it in a couple of minutes. If you are like me you are going to need help. Wish I could help.