Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine Oil Drain Location 2SDK7 Toyota

Gary T ยท 2023-05-02 08:25

Hi, I'm new to this forum but it seems like this is the place for answers. I recently picked up an SDK7 skidsteer and want to go through the fluids. Where is the engine oil drain? Is it on the right rear corner? Shop manual is 330 pages, but doesn't seem to have info on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1OzDozer2023-05-02 09:06

    This is the best I can do, the photos in the manual are terrible quality. I cleaned up the contrast as best as I could.

  2. #2Gary T2023-05-02 14:35

    Thank you so much! It looked like there was something there, when I went to loosen it, the hose didn't look so good. I didn't want to create more problems without first fixing one! Don't want to push my luck, but does type F fluid go into the transmission fills on the sides of the machine? Again, many thanks for your help! If you are ever in Suffolk County, New York, I owe you a drink!

  3. #3wgraves2023-05-04 15:25

    Took me a bit to figure out where to drain the engine oil the first time I did mine as well. As for the transmission fluid...it technically takes ATF Type F, but many people (myself included) are using 10W30 as suggested by Toyota. ATF Type F can be difficult to find and is very expensive.

  4. #4Gary T2023-05-04 15:32

    Can't thank all the people in this group. Got the drain, under some dirt and years of neglect. Thank you Gary