This machine is new to me. I am trying to change the engine oil in a Case 580. I opened the drain plug and nothing comes out. It looks like there is a valve of some kind inside the drain plug. The dipstick says there's oil in it. I tried running the engine and loosening the oil filter. What am I doing wrong? I looked for a another thread but maybe this is too simple a question. Thanks for any help you can give.
Sounds like a drain valve. Probably just need the adapter to thread into it to unseat the checkvalve.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find one. Strange, the manual doesn't mention it, only remove oil drain plug and oil filter.
Could have been something someone installed. Is it similar to this? https://nospillsystems.com/ Can always try and unthread the valve out of the pan too if you had to.
I think you are I think you are right. Here's a photo of the drain plug with the cover removed.
If you don't have the adapter to unseat it, just remove it like any other drain plug.
Thanks that's a good solution, since I don't have the adapter and they don't want to ship it to Hawaii.