Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine shut down on Hitachi EX270

swampdog ยท 2009-07-20 23:51

Can someone tell me how the engine shut down works on a Hitachi EX270LC with a Hino engine? The engine used to stop when I turned off the key. But now the engine keeps running with the key off, which means that I have to stall the machine to turn off the engine. Of course, I would rather have it turn off properly. So I hope this is an easy fix.

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2009-07-21 20:28

    As I recall there is a manual shutoff T handle behind the seat or under the front of it. The regular shutoff is handled by the computer which just pulls the throttle lever on the governor to the no fuel position. A check of the throttle linkage and the governor throttle control motor are in order. There is a calibration procedure for these machines but I don't have it anymore. Possibly someone here can help with that. Good Luck!