I have been fixing up a 1996 Case 480F backhoe. Mostly leaks, fist was power shuttle oil cooler (big mess), was able to silver braze and keep same cooler. The right steering cylinder is leaking so ordered a seal kit off ebay still awaiting parts. Also the dipper cylinder is leaking and right stabilizer cylinder, awaiting these kits purchased through Amazon. Got all zirc fittings excepting grease either by using a torch to melt hardened grease or replacing fitting. Still have a leak somewhere under the floor on right side above transaxle, probably a hydraulic line rubbing through. I got this thing for $3500 and doing my best to fix it on the cheap. Nothing from the dealer yet. Anyone have a good line on parts for this machine or is ebay Amazon my best bet? I was thinking about fabricating some engine panels because it didn't come with any p/n D129481 and D123817 thank God it came with a parts manual. Anyone have a line on these? Love messing around with this thing after work for a few hours at a time, but really looking forward to taking it up to the land I just bought and clearing an area to build my retirement Cabin. Thanks for reading, Jon.
Welcome to HEF, Jon ! My personal go to man for parts is Dale Wiess. His website is here ---> http://e-backhoeparts.com/ I would suggest that you fabricate the side panels form some 11ga sheet steel. I have had very good results doing that. Sounds like you found a very good deal on that 480.
Google Equipment Salvage Cambridge OH. I have bought salvage and new parts for my Case from them and had them shipped. Great guys to deal with.