Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Entry Level positions out West?

dirt digger ยท 2010-04-25 19:32

so i have gotten a little bit of a bug to move West. I am a recent college grad with a Civil Engineering degree. Currently I am in a construction management field. I would like to stay in this field or move back into the engineering world. Obviously with me only being a year out of school I would still be considered "entry level" and I just can't find any types of positions listed online out there. Being from the east coast I don't know of any large companies out that way either. I am thinking the MT/WY area...I would really like to buy a small plot of land, hobby farm it and work engineering as my 9-5. Does anyone know of any larger companies that would potentially be hiring entry level guys?

Replies3
  1. #1milling_drum2010-05-02 16:32

    Heres a few highway paving contractors you can run through google and take it from there. Hills Materials (oldcastle) Knife River (MDU) Industrial Builders Inc. Northern Improvement Inc. Border States Paving.

  2. #2DiamondLTruckin2010-05-09 17:51

    Look Up Oftedal, They're in MT and WY and pretty good sized, they were hiring truck drivers and field mechanics a while ago. I have heard and seen Knife River clear from Idaho Falls ID through Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Washington.

  3. #3biggrader2010-05-23 14:23

    Knife River is big in Northern Minnesota too.