Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment buyers

DM&RDBulldog ยท 2025-11-26 07:14

Does anyone know of an equipment buyer in the USA North East that is interested in bulk purchases of old iron? I have made contact with someone at the Rockbusters group over a year ago with almost no interest so far. That is the only local enough group I know that restores and shows old iron. I purchased an old quarry and there is quite the grown in section of mostly green iron. Im going to be getting to the ground below that iron next year and it would save me the work of hauling it off for scrap as well as possibly give an old machine a chance for restoration. I have no current inventory right now except for color, mostly green with yellow and red in there. This place was abandoned aside from the kids partying for over the past 12 years and this boneyard section looks to be untouched for close to 30 years.

Replies5
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-11-26 10:17

    Trouble is lots of stuff just setting everywhere. And 90% used past a real value, cost to repair/restore shoots it in the foot. Have a friend with lots of old equipment way past it's prime, when he passes his son will be handed the job of disposal.

  2. #2DM&RDBulldog2025-11-26 13:22

    Just figured I'd throw it out there. I know no one is actively using such old iron but there may be some good stuff for parts. Id only be asking for my time to be paid clearing and dragging them out for someone else to haul away. If no interest im not spending time to clear around them, just going at them with the excavators and torch.

  3. #3dpull2025-12-12 21:58

    When you get some time and the weather is fit some pictures would be great. There are still some of us who still look for the green iron. I would like to see what you have.

  4. #4Truck Shop2025-12-12 22:13

    Vintage Truck Market Place on Facebook will get the biggest audience of interested.

  5. #5DM&RDBulldog2025-12-17 19:10

    Sorry, most is already gone and the rest claimed. Most all is on its way to the Dominican Republic to actually be used, God bless them.