I have been a Heavy Equipment and Truck Technician for 26 years and am looking to take the stress off my body some what. I was concidering the "Equipment Valuation" idea. Is there a big demant for it? How would I go about getting involved in it? I have done so many PM inspections in my life and feel this would be a good fit to transition into.
If you were in Ohio I would hire you right now, as I have some equipment I need checked out before I buy it. I have no idea if that means anything useful. I guess you could check with used equipment dealers and see if there is money to be made in scouting out equipment for them to buy and then getting a piece of the action on top of your flat rate. You know... like car guys who go to auctions for used car dealers.
Contact Iron Planet, they use independent inspectors.
Send me a PM with your email.
We have had their guys out a few times. They basically just take a bunch of pictures and if machine is able to start check to see if it moves in gears and hydraulics move what is suppose to move. No operating under load or even getting up to full operating temps. I believe on some machines they will pull oil samples. Anything we have sold through them has been on the rough side so not sure what they would do when inspecting a say four year old front end loader with low hours.
Yeah, I was replying to the OP, thinking it might be a way to get his foot in the door.
Sorry, no. I live in Washington State.
I guess I'm not privileged enough to sent PM's yet John C. so here's my E-mail: [email protected]
Actually, you can now. You have to have 3 posts to send a PM