Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment keys?

D9H ยท 2014-04-27 00:19

Hi, I'm just curious about keys, Volvo keys in particular. How many different styles of keys does Volvo have? I also have the same question about john deere keys. Thanks!

Replies18
  1. #11466IH2014-04-27 00:26

    New member looking to steal equipment? lol I am not sure about vulva but there are lots of different deere keys depending on what type of equip it is in and also the year

  2. #2D9H2014-04-27 00:46

    Haha, I have plenty of my own junk, I don't want to steal anyone else's, I'm just curious because I have an old Volvo laser cut key from a loader I ran on a big road job, and one JD key that starts my backhoe but not my friends skid loader

  3. #31466IH2014-04-27 00:48

    I was just kiddn what hoe doe you have and what skid steer does he have

  4. #4D9H2014-04-27 00:58

    I have a 310e and he has a 260

  5. #5uffex2014-04-27 04:52

    Good day D9H If it helps all Volvo excavators have a key no.777 if it helps, I'm sure if you are determined to steal a machine the key will not present any obstacle. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6390eric2014-04-27 08:36

    John deere wheel loader, dozer, and backhoe I know are all the same. Excavator is different and skid steer is different.

  7. #71466IH2014-04-27 10:23

    I'm pretty sure deere uses Hitachi keys for the excavators and ag tractors uses the same key as the dozers and such but they have also had a few different keys over the years Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  8. #8John C.2014-04-27 12:37

    I've seen two different keys for Volvo wheel loaders. The units built ten of more years ago are what I have and I ran into a machine only three years old where the cut outs on the key were done the opposite way. Volvo is also very proud of that wheel loader key. Last time I went for one it was $35 for a pair. 390eric is correct on the Deere keys. Also the Deere mini wheel loaders use the skid steer key.

  9. #9still learn'n2014-04-27 13:56

    The 4wd John Deere tractors we have, have different keys than any of construction equipment! Some of the smaller tractors might be the same I think our 4840 has the same as some of loaders and backhoes maybe!

  10. #10Lee (MN)2014-04-27 20:56

    We have Volvo loaders and excavators at work, hoes have a key with a triangle top, two different keys for the loaders, a real PIA, and very expensive. Hitachi and JD excavators use the same key # H800, we call it the long JD key, dozers use the short key. HTH, Lee

  11. #11JimBruce422014-04-27 22:28

    Deere keys... there's dozens of them. I have about 3 different ones, for the dozers, for excavators, and for the big ag/scraper tractors. Skid steers use a 4th type of key.

  12. #12FSERVICE2014-04-27 23:00

    the JD Gator key will fit the skid steer, will also fit the smaller AG tractor but will not fit the small/mini backhoe its a different key again!!! :Banghead they do that to make more $$ on selling new keys...

  13. #13billythebairn2014-04-28 14:53

    Hi, all volvo excavators use same key apart from new f model, all wheel loaders from d to e same key depending on colour as with adts green key fits all / black key individual, f and g loaders different keys to d and e and individual, trucks - c and d/e same but individual unless green fob, f and g different keys and individual, minis - 2 different keys all interchangeable, in short you only need 1 or 2 keys for excavators, but thousands for everything else.

  14. #14JimBruce422014-04-28 22:45

    Our F model Volvo trucks use the same key as the C-E models.

  15. #15D9H2014-04-30 01:03

    Ridiculous, why can't they all be like Cat and use the same key

  16. #16Ronsii2014-04-30 01:46

    you mean the old cat key or the newer ones?

  17. #17390eric2014-04-30 09:32

    Yeah the battery key for cat or the new key or the door key for certain cat machines.

  18. #181466IH2014-04-30 10:48

    If they use the same key anyways they may as well use a toggle switch and push button. I wish everything had different keys. Equipment gets stolen every day Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk