Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment paint

oarwhat ยท 2025-08-12 06:30

I bought a loader, it's rusty and it needs some paint. I've used Ospho and Rust-Oleum in the past but the Rust-Oleum fades bad. Any suggestions.

Replies7
  1. #1stinky642025-08-12 09:52

    If you're not worried about color match, try Tractor Supply- Majic- Tractor,Truck and Implement paint. Have used on all three with good results. It's a little pricey, but what paint or stain isn't these days.

  2. #2crane operator2025-08-12 10:36

    The tractor supply paint I used in red , chalked / faded really bad. But that was 7-8 years ago. That said: Now we're supporting painting? I'm used to conflicting information day to day from my wife, I don't need it here.

  3. #3Coaldust2025-08-12 15:14

    Patina is the hotness in 2025. Just polish up the rust and clear coat.

  4. #4stinky642025-08-12 18:38

    You talkin' dip and roll or rattle can? Not impressed with TC rattle can, but dip and roll has been not so too bad.

  5. #5stinky642025-08-12 18:40

    Then get a googletube channel.

  6. #6crane operator2025-08-12 21:22

    Ran the can through a sprayer. We've been using paint from a real paint supplier on the last couple cranes, but I've got a young guy hired part time, who's a actual painter. He takes forever on prep, but it looks really good when he's done. I'll see what it is he's shooting. I'm not near as good of a painter, but I don't have the patience that he does for the prep. I'm of the "looks good from 40' at 40mph school of painting". Scuff and shoot I say.

  7. #7oarwhat2025-08-13 06:58

    We're probably going to roll it on.