Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment ramps

dbs ยท 2013-01-12 00:02

I am considering buying a dump or comercial truck to haul a 12,000 lbs. mini excavator with rubber tracks. I am considering building removable ramps to load the excavator into the bed and avoid having to buy a trailer. Anyone tried this with a heavier mini on rubber tracks?

Replies3
  1. #1AusDave2013-01-12 00:39

    In Australia aluminum ramps for loading machinery into dump trucks and similar are very common. They are made for Equipment up to 8 tonnes from here http://www.digga.com.au/aluminium-ramps.html It's cheaper to use ramps than have trailer with associated registration costs and maintenance and being alloy, ramps aren't too heavy to handle. I have a set of alloy ramps rated to 4.8 tonne and have been very happy with them. Regards AusDave

  2. #2dbs2013-01-12 03:18

    Thanks for the info AusDave. Does Digga sell in the USA? Those are some great looking ramps.

  3. #3capt_met2013-01-12 18:07

    http://www.landsport.com/Medium Duty Ramps.htm hope this helps,