Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment suggestions

PNECAT ยท 2012-11-24 19:53

Hi everyone I have a full time job as a elevator constructor and im starting up a side excavating business to hopefully make some extra side money and something to fall back onto during the slow time with my full time job. I have a ford L9000 single axle dump truck with a 12Ton 25FT Tag trailer with a 1987 Cat D3B dozer. Im looking to buy a caterpillar 315BL 36'200lbs. So this means i will need a bigger dump truck and trailer and or a semi and lowboy to hall this machine! I could go with a 312BL but it too is to heavy to hall and this machine will be my one and only excavator and would like to stay with the 315BL size for the extra power/size machine. Question is= keep L9000 and 12Ton traier and buy an Kenworth W900 or T-800 with a 425/475 cat and a lowboy and end dump and be done with it. I aslo could use the kenworth for other side jobs around me when needed with logs ect.... Any help would be great, thanks chris:drinkup

Replies9
  1. #1digger242j2012-11-24 20:55

    I guess the elevator business has its up and downs, huh? :falldownlaugh (Never heard that one before, did you?) Welcome to HEF.

  2. #2Lee-online2012-11-24 21:44

    Oh, that is wrong on so many levels. :roll

  3. #3PNECAT2012-11-24 21:45

    Haha yes it does! Im currently working of of state in minnesota for the past 11 months. So i have my old man helping me back home with the equipment which is slow aslo.

  4. #4PNECAT2012-11-26 21:26

    anyone have any suggestiong??

  5. #5PNECAT2014-04-05 11:13

    It's been awhile since I've been on the site so it's time to catch up a little. I have purchased more equipment scene the last time I was on hear for suggestions and didn't get very far. The toys: Dozers are 1987 caterpillar D3B 65% u/c and a 1989 John deere 450E 95% u/c. Dumps trucks: 1994 Ford L9000 single axle 9spd Cummings L10. 1997 Freightliner FL70 62,000 miles single axle 6spd Cummings L10. Trailer's 1998 holden 12 ton tandem, 1988 trail king 12 ton triple axle, 1989 Fruehaulf 50 ton lowboy. Truck is a 1994 Kenworth T800 13spd Detroit 60 series 460HP. That's a good start to catch up a little.

  6. #61466IH2014-04-05 22:21

    Have you gotten an excavator yet and for the low boy did you go with a detach because a 315 is small enough to get onto a standard stepdeck I have an entyre tilt deck that I haul mine on and yet the trailer is not totally useless for hauling other things Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  7. #7Scrub Puller2014-04-05 23:32

    Yair . . . Anyone . In "American", 'elevator' in the context of this thread means 'grain silo' in "Australian" yes? (big grin) Cheers.

  8. #8PNECAT2014-04-06 00:04

    1466IH yes my lowboy is a detach non ground bearing. I'm in the market for the excavator this summer. I'll probably sell one of the Dozers to put towards the excavator as I do not need 2 Dozers at the time. Looking into a 928G loader also. I do some hauling with my Kenworth and lowboy for other people that hire me out also so that helps out with being the owner and operator for 4 years know.

  9. #9PNECAT2014-04-06 00:07

    PASSENGER ELEVATOR THAT PEOPLE RIDE is what kind of elevators I work on A. :usa