Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Equipment value?

mxsledder ยท 2014-08-18 19:31

Does anyone know if there is a blue book for equipment? If not could anyone on here help me appraise a machine I'm about to buy? Thanks in advance

Replies3
  1. #1grandpa2014-08-18 19:43

    You can go to Ritchie Bros. auctions and see what comparable sales have been in the last year on the machine your looking at. https://www.rbauction.com/

  2. #2John C.2014-08-18 21:01

    There is no real blue book for the iron markets. GreenGuide used to be pretty good but the owners got real proud of the information the sold you so I haven't used them in years. MachineryTrader.com is by far the best place to look on the internet. You can look up both retail asking prices and most all the auction numbers at the same time on the same site.

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-08-19 00:17

    I used to subscribe to Market Watch but found researching Machinery trader is more accurate and free. The market changes quickly and varies by location so it's nice to choose your search options.