Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eratic revs and flashing warning lights Takeuchi TB153FR

Varnish ยท 2026-04-15 17:13

Good evening, Takeuchi TB153FR Serial Nr 15820012 When I turn on the ignition switch the alarm lights on the control panel instrument cluster illuminate in a strange manner. Three of the warning lights flash alternately. Rabit light and Glow plug , then Deceleration light, on off on off. Alternating two on & one off and then one on and then other two off and so on and so on. The engine will start but when running the idle/deceleration servo motor controller is active and depending on the revs set by the rpm lever, the rpm goes up and down in sympathy with the flashing lights. If I lower the safety lock lever arm and to make all the hydraulic control levers active I can see that the Aux hydraulic lines are being pressurised as those lines are flexing with each fluctuation in rpm. I can operate all the hydraulic functions with the control levers but clearly not very safe with the rpm going up and down like a yo yo Any ideas please

Replies3
  1. #1HarleyHappy2026-04-16 10:30

    I would be checking the alternator wiring and seeing what the AC currents are coming out of it. That and all electrical connections.

  2. #2Baxsie2026-04-16 11:54

    Also maybe check the ground straps that go between the sections of the machine ( if this machine has them ). Also the battery cables on both ends. It's not enough to just look at them and say "yep that's a strap" you need to undo the bolt, wire brush the bolt, the strap connector, and the part of the frame it connects to. Then put a little dialectic grease on it and tighten the whole thing back up.

  3. #3Varnish2026-04-16 15:57

    Thanyou