Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Erratic drive motor power

Canadian_digger · 2022-12-05 19:56

What would cause erratic drive motor power? I have a bobcat E32R and once in a while one drive motor will not have power and Will barley move the track on one side. If you move the leaver back and forth a bit, it will return to normal with full power.

Replies14
  1. #1uffex2022-12-06 02:41

    Good day Could be spool shifting suggest you check it out. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Jon Harrah2022-12-28 20:13

    I have an e32 and I am having the same trouble I replaced the drive motor with new and it will not turn when it gets under skid load. anyone ever experienced the same issue

  3. #3Canadian_digger2022-12-28 20:18

    My mechanic broke some $10 part when he started working on it to diagnose the problem. Once he get the new part and works on it again I will report back with his findings

  4. #4Canadian_digger2023-01-05 06:38

    Mechanic is telling me it’s the drive motor. Can these be rebuilt?

  5. #5Tones2023-01-05 15:32

    I reckon they can. From images I've looked at they look like HiDash or Nabtesco but the data plate on the motor can confirm.

  6. #6Canadian_digger2023-01-07 16:20

    Got the assembly off. The tag on the motor was rotted off and all I could see what a bit of shinny blue. You guys think I should just send this to a hydraulic shop for rebuild. Bobcat wants $5500cnd for the whole thing. Machine has 1700hrs on it.

  7. #7Tones2023-01-07 19:35

    Some motors have the sungear shaft coupled directly into rotating group and that could be were the failure is. My thoughts are you'd be up for a new rotating group, possibly a sungear shaft,bearings and seals. Make sure they have the skills to lap the swash and lens plates if required. The planetary gearbox should be OK I'm thinking but no guarantees on that.

  8. #8Canadian_digger2023-01-08 17:20

    I was removing all the hydraulic fittings so they would not get lost and this plunger started sliding out. So I decided to take a look at it and I found scoring all around the bottom side. Think this could be the problem?

  9. #9Canadian_digger2023-01-08 17:58

    If this could be the problem can I polish the scratches and try it out. Do I have anything to loose by trying? And how would you go about removing the scratches.

  10. #10Tones2023-01-08 18:23

    If its from the port below the 2 larger hoses it could very well be the 2 speed piston. Very fine sandpaper or a fine stone should be good. It would also pay to check where it sits, that could also be marked. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

  11. #11Canadian_digger2023-01-08 18:23

    Plunger comes from here

  12. #12Tones2023-01-08 18:38

    I've been guessing here but I thought that is the casedrain just by the size of hose, however clean it up a see what happens.

  13. #13uffex2023-01-09 04:49

    Good day The spool shows signs of seizure no doubt the housing is also damaged, I would suggest that is the most probable cause of the issue. Not good news the only way is to replace if you need to have a reliable fix. Kind regards Uffex

  14. #14Canadian_digger2023-01-09 18:57

    Polished it up. Reassemble, tested it for 10-15 min in the yard and so far it’s working with no issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.