Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Erratic service meter

Hydraumind ยท 2019-08-06 14:10

On a komatsu PC300-6, the service meter changed suddenly from almost 10 000 hours to become 21 000 hours and it stopped counting. No error and no light flashing on the monitor. Machine runs good. Should I change the monitor or use an external servicemeter. Is there a way to lower the service meter. If changed is there a way to raise the hour

Replies3
  1. #1JohnnyCarcinogen2019-08-09 23:50

    I don't know how to change it back, but our Komatsu dozer lost it's LCD hour meter and we just added a electro-mechanical service meter and track hours off of that now.

  2. #2John C.2019-08-10 00:37

    I know the hour counters could be reset from zero to recorded hours when you had to replace them. I don't know if there is a way to reset them afterwards. I go through some of my old stuff to see if I can find something. I looked at a PC120 this week where parts of the liquid crystal display went bad and you can't read the code numbers.

  3. #3Nige2019-08-10 06:55

    No idea on Komatsu but on a Cat if you had to replace a module that includes the service meter it was possible to increase the hour meter reading (from zero if it was a new module) to the reading of the former hour meter. It was not possible to reduce the hour meter reading in the case of a used module that had more hours on it than the one that was removed.