JCB 220 Excavator when I got ready to shut down this evening I got a “Red” error code. Red being noted as very important. The code popped up when I moved the safety lever lock up into the disable position. The computer screen was flashing red and showed the following code: Lever Lock Switches Plausibility Error. Even though this was a red code it did not shut down the engine. I put the safety lever back into the enable or working position and the code goes away. Everything still worked fine, just can’t have the safety lever in the disabled position without the error code popping up. Any ideas what this means? Is it safe to continue to operate the machine? Thanks in advance! Frank
Odds are it's a 2 position switch. Sends power to 1 leg when enabled and another when disabled. It's probably seeing poeer on both legs. Look for shorted wires or damaged switch.
It’s working fine this morning. Go figure….. I have a double safety switch. One is the standard tall handle that flips down and obstructs you from leaving the cab, after engaging the lever then you also have to hit a toggle switch on the console before you can operate any functions. Thanks for the input, if you have more or other suggestions they would be appreciated as I am confident this will happen again.