Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Esco Bucket Teeth

mudober ยท 2014-01-21 18:54

I am currently running a Komatsu PC-35 MR-3. It has an Esco V17 style tooth on it. I was wanting to put on a set of flare teeth, it has four. I cant find any on the net.So anyone else have an idea or a contact that would work? I am digging around a lot of high voltage, gas and fiber optic lines so i wanted to get away from the chisel bits that are on it now. Thanks, Mudober

Replies7
  1. #1willie592014-01-21 19:25

    Not sure what you mean by flare teeth mudober, but your problem is the V17, Esco only makes two choices for the V17, the TYL standard spade tooth and the VY tiger tooth. If you had the V19 teeth and adapters you'd have a lot more choices for teeth.

  2. #2204saskman2014-01-22 20:11

    Flared teeth are what they sound like. Instead of a standard tooth, they flare out wide almost like a flat spade. Here is an example of them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hensley-Sty...avy_Equipment_Attachments&hash=item338577f069

  3. #3willie592014-01-22 20:35

    Ok, got it. But like I said, Esco doesn't offer that tooth in the V17 series. It would be a bit of an expense, but you could install V19 adapters, then you could use the V19TF teeth. Of course the teeth would be slightly bigger than what you have now.

  4. #4204saskman2014-01-22 21:10

    Ya you bet I see what your saying too. Im buying a bunch of teeth for my machine this year and would like to try a few different styles to see which work better.

  5. #5heymccall2014-01-22 21:15

    Romac offers aftermarket tiger and twin tiger teeth http://catalog.romacparts.com/keywo...eycateg=1084&keyprod=1029&SchType=2&keyType=P

  6. #6roadrunner812014-02-02 22:28

    weld a plate across your teeth.

  7. #7Ronsii2014-02-07 02:38

    Like roadrunner says, put a plate on there We do a lot of utility work and a plate is pretty much mandatory, just weld it to the outer teeth so it is removable... if the outer teeth have any kind of outward angle to them make sure you hold the teeth to the outside before welding as it will make it a lot easier to switch back to teeth later.