I'm doing some updates on paperwork for the mini excavating that I do, and since I seem to have a lot of estimates to do the next while, thought I should look at updating the form I'm using. (Currently I just have a very basic sheet set up in Word.) I'm also interested in finding a simple spreadsheet that I can use to crunch everything through, and output it maybe even directly to the form in question. I'm particularly interested in the CYA (cover your ***) clauses that some of you use, that is an area that I know needs some improvement. So far I haven't really had anything bite me because of it, but I know it will sooner or later. I figure times like now when everyone is 'watching' the dollar due to tight times, it may become more of an issue on cost overruns. Anyone have anything they will share either on here, or be willing to send me? Thanks!!
yes. good idea. anyone have any ideas here? ill be thinking on this one.
I always put an expiration date on the est sheet, usually 30 days due to fuel costs and inflation. I also put on commercial or big jobs with lots of parts an inflationary raise or lower in the bid cluase, meaning if parts go up 5% bid goes up 5% same with going down. Just common sense and keeps your profit where it should be, in YOUR pocket.