Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Eterra auger stopping too easily

aerodriver · 2024-05-08 17:27

I have a Yanmar Vio 35 excavator running an Eterra 2500 hydraulic auger motor. The placard on the motor was 2975 PSI so I set the PTO relief valve to that. This thing just stops on the slightest resistance and I am starting to think there is something wrong with this auger motor. Any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #192U 34062024-05-09 20:42

    Set the relief with an actual gauge or can the pressure be adjusted through the monitor? If done through the monitor screen, get a gauge on it. Besides CAT I've yet to see any excavator get even ballpark close to correct when setting aux pressures in the monitor.

  2. #2aerodriver2024-05-10 09:48

    I checked the pressures at the stick and directly off the primary pump. I set the relief valves for the max the machine will put out which was 3200 PSI at the auger. Still just stops way too easy. Can’t dig more than a foot deep in relatively easy ground. The auger motor doesn’t get hot to the touch either after running for several minutes.

  3. #3Vetech632024-05-10 13:05

    A bypassing motor would get hot quick. You have another problem.